This article was written with the help of Dr. John Serpa, who is an integral part of our Team of Experts at Miami Stem Cell® and is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology with Sub-specialty Certification in Pain Management from the prestigious Cornell University in New York. In addition, Dr. Serpa possesses tremendous expertise in Regenerative Medicine and the Stem Cell Therapy arena. Having a true passion for practicing medicine, Dr. Serpa has received numerous awards and accolades that have made him extremely well-known in the South Florida community as “the doctor with the golden hands”, a true testament to his post-procedure now famous coined phrase: “Today I Have No Pain®!”
When people are experiencing excruciating joint pain and have already unsuccessfully tried several options including: exercising, multiple physical therapy sessions, holistic medicine, opioid medications, change of diet, taken supplements and exhausted all their alternatives, at that point, there are basically only two choices left: Joint Replacement Surgery or Stem Cell Therapy.
In recent years, there have been dramatic advances in Stem Cell Therapy which have basically revolutionized how cutting-edge physicians now manage pain more efficiently. Dr. Serpa believes that in less than five years, Health Insurance companies will be forced to cover Regenerative Medicine procedures, not only because patients and their families are becoming more educated about these treatments, but also based on an increasing number of reliable scientific studies that validate their effectiveness. Stem Cell Injections on elderly patients (70 and older) have proven to be a viable solution to control their pain and improve their overall quality of life, all without the risks involved with an invasive surgery.
One of my favorite patient stories is the one about a 96 year old lady that came in for a consultation (assisted by a walker) about seven years ago and even though we explained to her that (at the time) we only had in-house data about the effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy up to a 90 year old, she insisted in being evaluated by our Team of Experts. In addition, the patient’s daughter basically begged us to perform the treatment on her mom (mostly because her cardiac condition could not allow her to undergo a major knee replacement surgery) so we then proceeded to perform an Autologous Stem Cell Transplant from her bone marrow and surprisingly, in the patient’s first follow up (6 weeks after the procedure) this 96 year old patient came into our office without the need of her walker!
Currently, this procedure is an important part of our history and subsequently we have successfully treated thousands of elderly patients (from 70 to 102 years old) since then. In addition, we now also boost the effects of this non-invasive Stem Cell Treatment by adding the latest in Biological Products. While to this day, there are still various conflicting views on the effectiveness of Stem Cell Therapy on patients older than 70, we have thousands of cases in our database that prove otherwise.
In conclusion, Stem Cell Therapy far outweighs in benefits when compared to the many risks related to having surgery, particularly in these key areas:
- No Hospitalization Required / Stem Cell Treatments are conducted in only a few hours and the patient gets to go home right after the procedure.
- No Risk of Infection / Stem Cell Therapy uses Autologous Stem Cells collected from your own body.
- No Risk of General Anesthesia / Stem Cell Treatments only use localized minimal sedation.
- Shorter Recovery / Down Time since the recovery process for Stem Cell Therapy is much easier and shorter than surgical recovery. Most patients do not experience any pain or swelling after 24 hours. This means you can quickly return to your normal life.
- Requires much less post-procedure pain medication.
Miami Stem Cell® continues to be at the forefront in the clinical application of Stem Cell Treatments in America and we effectively treat a wide variety of conditions with minimally invasive procedures that include:
- Arthritis (pain in the knee, shoulders, hips, spine, cervix and other joints).
- Sports injuries (Tennis Player’s Elbow, Golfer’s Shoulder, etc.).
- Degeneration of lumbar discs / Sciatica and pain in the lower back.
- Tendinitis / Carpal Tunnel.
- Sexual dysfunction in men and women.
- Congestive Heart Disease.
- Coronary artery disease.
- Peripheral Vascular Condition.
- Asthma / COPD / Respiratory problems.
- Urinary incontinence.
- Hair restoration.
- Facial, neck and hand rejuvenation.
- Intravenous Multi-Vitamin infusions.
- Micro-Nutritional Testing / Micro-Nutrition.
So if you are interested in learning more about this state-of-the-art Stem Cell Treatment modality or to schedule a free consultation with Dr. John Serpa, who is part of our acclaimed Team of Experts, please call Miami Stem Cell® at (305) 598-7777 or contact us via email at email@example.com
You can also visit our website www.stemcellmia.com or. follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, as well as watch our amazing testimonial videos on our YouTube channel.