Are you or a loved one suffering from shingles? This is a burning, itchy viral infection that can sometimes be contagious if you have blisters. Here at Miami Stem Cell, our team of experts wants to educate our readers on potential treatment that uses PRP and stem cell therapy. The future is looking promising for regenerative medicine, and while no cure or treatment is yet available, here is what is going on in this exciting area.
Regenerative Medicine For Shingles
Did you know that almost 1 out of every three people in the United States will develop shingles, also known as herpes zoster, in their lifetime? This statistic was made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The American Academy of Dermatology describes shingles as a painful, blistering rash. Anyone who has had chickenpox has the possibility of developing shingles because the virus remains inside of the body. When the virus is reactivated, it results in shingles. The AAD also reports that getting the shingles vaccine can lessen your risk of developing serious complications from shingles, such as nerve pain, which can be so bad that it affects your everyday life.
It is especially important to take precautions while you have blisters because the virus is especially dangerous for:
- Women who are pregnant (vaccine can harm the fetus)
- Those who are HIV positive
- Anyone receiving chemotherapy or radiation treatments
Do you know the signs and symptoms?
- An area of skin may burn, itch, tingle, or feel very sensitive, usually in a small area of the body on one side of the body
- The rash shows up in the same area
- The rash turns into groups of clear blisters
- These blisters will cause pain and once healed, the pain lessens
- May get a fever or a headache with the rash
Could PRP for Shingles Pain Management Become a Reality One Day?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a revolutionary new treatment used to treat sports and musculoskeletal injuries, degenerative spine conditions, and is a pioneering technique in aesthetic medicine. It has the potential to be used to treat shingles one day in the future. PRP utilizes nothing else but the healing and rejuvenating properties that exist already within you by isolating the Platelet Rich Plasma that is in your own blood and creating an autologous healing product that cannot be reproduced synthetically.
Here are a few reasons why stem cells could be a possible solution to shingles:
- Many elderly adults have reported not obtaining the shingles vaccine due to cost and limited supply. If regenerative medicine solutions were to become available, the patient’s own blood would be utilized, making the issue of supply a thing of the past and thus, possibly creating a more cost-effective option.
- Stem cell therapy is a great way to reduce or even get rid of pain naturally. Since shingles are very painful for patients to experience, stem cell therapy could potentially reduce the discomfort felt.
- Some promising experiments have found that stem cell therapy can treat peripheral neuropathy, which is often linked to shingles. This means that scientists are getting closer to finding a shingles treatment one day soon.
Check Us Out!
Miami Stem Cell’s mission is to control orthopedic related pain and suffering by using the latest and most innovative regenerative medicine procedures and therapy available today. As one of the leading stem cell institutes in the United States, we pride ourselves on providing top-notch service in the field of Regenerative Medicine, a branch of medicine that is now being considered as one of the most promising fields in modern medicine. At Miami Stem Cell, the safety of our patients is always our top priority, and we strictly adhere to all FDA mandates and regulations. This helps us to deliver the best results in the safest form and for the benefit of all our patients. Our ultimate goal is to successfully bring Regenerative Medicine and stem cell therapy to a sector of the population that suffers from painful orthopedic conditions using the most professional, safe, friendly, and honest type of approach. In addition, we will not treat any medical conditions where we have no reliable scientific evidence that our Regenerative Medicine treatments would be effective at treating, such as neurodegenerative diseases, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s, or any pulmonary diseases. Additionally, we would never place any of our patients at the risk of any adverse effects, since patient safety is always of utmost importance to us.
Call Us Today!
Do you know we offer shingles pain management? Relieve pain today with our stem cell procedure. Here at Miami Stem Cell, we have the treatment you have been looking for. Our mission is to control pain by using the latest and most innovative regenerative medicine therapy procedures available today. If you have any pain regarding your knee, feet, or back, contact us today and see how we can help make that pain go away. Make an appointment and begin the healing immediately with a stem cell therapy procedure.