Are you worried that since you are an athlete, that you are vulnerable to knee injuries? Being an athlete, four common injuries are common. The professionals at Stem Cell Miami are here to make sure you get the care you need. We specialize in knee joint pain treatment and stem cell knee injections. We are located in Miami.
It’s A Problem Area
When it comes to dealing with injuries, the knee is one of the largest problem areas in the body. It doesn’t matter if you are focused on running long-distance, participating in sports that require all types of cutting and lateral movements, or any other strenuous activity on your knees, the well-being of your knees and the muscles surrounding it get strained the most. You must take care of them, and your lower body will be taken care of.
Most people who suffer knee injuries tend to suffer them seemingly out of nowhere. Sometimes, issues seem to creep up inevitably over a long period of time. Either way, all athletes and fitness-committed devotees can help prevent knee problems from happening. In general, that comes from listening to your body and not doing too much at any given time, while also knowing which muscles to strengthen so that your knees and legs are kept in working order.
Injuries That Require Knee Joint Pain Treatment
There are many great uses for joint pain treatment that can benefit various injuries in the knee. With stem cell therapy, we can help with knee tissue repair which allows athletes to focus on improving mobility in their foot or hips. Here is a list of the most common knee injuries we see:
- Runner’s Knee
- Symptoms: Pain behind or around the kneecap, often when bending the knee. Pain is usually worse while walking downstairs or downhill.
- Cause: Runner’s knee is usually an overuse injury, something that often afflicts long-distance runners, although athletes like weightlifters can also experience symptoms. It can also be caused by a direct blow to the knee, flat feet, weak quads, or other factors.
- Tips: If already injured, the R.I.C.E. method (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) is strongly advised.
- Iliotibial (IT) band syndrome
- Symptoms: IT band syndrome develops when the band is irritated, usually resulting in pain on the outside of the knee, or just above the knee on the outside of the leg.
- Cause: A sudden increase in the level of activity—such as increasing mileage as a runner or jumping into sprint-heavy workouts without transitioning from jogging. Can also come from up/downhill and stairs running and from general overuse.
- Tips: The R.I.C.E. method is also effective in injury rehabilitation here.
- Jumper’s Knee
- Symptoms: The source of pain is at the bottom and front of the kneecap, and you may feel stiffness in the area after a workout.
- Common Causes: As the name suggests, jumper’s knee is generally brought on through excessive jumping, usually from sports such as basketball and volleyball.
- Tips: Use the R.I.C.E. method to help you treat this one.
- Ligament SPrains and Tears
- Symptoms: They are usually accompanied with a loud, distinctive “pop” or “snap” coming from the knee, followed by swelling, joint looseness, and pain when putting weight on the injured leg.
- Cause: They often result from sports that involve quick lateral motions like soccer, basketball, football, and lacrosse.
- Tips: Recovery exercises are best done in a sort of physical therapy setting since it’s especially unwise to do too much too soon.
Contact Us For Stem Cell Knee Injections
Relieve your pain today with knee joint pain treatment and stem cell knee injections. Located in Miami, Stem Cell Miami has the treatment you have been long awaiting. Our mission is to control orthopedic related pain and suffering by using the latest and most innovative regenerative medicine therapy procedures available today. Make an appointment and begin the healing immediately. Our experts, have all the information you must know regarding types of stem cells. We are the leaders in regenerative medicine. Call or contact us today for more information.