When you get injured with a sports injury, it can get quite overwhelming. The pain can cause both emotional and physical stress. It is essential to know exactly how to cope with these injuries. It is an important part of the healing process. The professionals at Stem Cell Miami are here, not only to provide stem cell therapy but to also inform you of a way to cope with the pain. We are the best in Miami.
Pain, Please Go Away!
Coping with the stress of an injury requires both physical and psychological resilience. Sports-related injury recovery typically focuses on physical rehab, but it’s all not physical. You have to look at it on an emotional level as well. It is important to include sports psychology techniques to help recover mentally and emotionally.
If not, the injury can go much further then a torn ACL or fractured bone. Athletes react to injuries with a wide range of emotions which may include denial, anger, sadness, and even depression. An injury often seems unfair to anyone who has been physically active and otherwise healthy. Although these feelings are real, it’s important to move beyond the negative and find more positive strategies to cope with this setback. In many cases dealing gracefully with an injury helps an athlete become more focused, flexible, and resilient.
Our Cure To Cope With A Sports Injury
If you follow these strategies when it comes to you injury, you will already be one step ahead when it comes to the road to recovery.
- Learn About Your Injury
- The more knowledgeable you are about the cause, treatment, and prevention of your injury, the less it can cause fear or anxiety.
- Ask the following questions of your doctor, trainer, coach or therapist until you know exactly what you can do to heal quickly and fully.
- What is my diagnosis?
- How long will recovery take?
- What is the purpose of the treatments I am receiving?
- What should I expect during rehab?
- What alternative workouts can I safely do?
- What are the warning signs that I am getting worse?
- Accept Responsibility for Your Injury
- This is not to say that the injury is your fault. What this means is that your mindset needs to change. Instead of focusing on performance, you need to accept that now you have an injury and you are the only one that can fully determine your outcome. By taking responsibility for your recovery process, you will find a greater sense of control and will quickly progress in recovery, rather than pushing yourself to perform at your pre-injury level.
- Maintain a Positive Attitude
- To heal quickly you need to be committed to overcoming your injury by showing up for your treatments, and listening and doing what your doctor or athletic trainer recommends.
- Your self-talk is also essential. To get the most out of your daily rehab, you need to work hard and maintain a positive attitude. Remain focused on what you need to do, not what you are missing out on.
- Use the Mind to Heal the Body
- Research shows that it may be possible to speed up the healing process by using specific mental skills and techniques such as imagery and self-hypnosis. Imagery techniques use all of the senses to create mental images, feelings, and sensations related to the desired outcome as though it is happening now or has already happened.
- Surround Yourself With Support
- A common response after an injury is to isolate yourself from teammates, coaches, and friends. Do not do this. It’s important to maintain contact with others as you recover. Your teammates, friends, and coach can listen when you need to vent or can offer advice or encouragement during the rehab process. Just knowing you don’t have to face the injury alone can also be a tremendous comfort. So, go to practice; remain around the locker room and the weight room. Be visible by being an active member of the group
Try Our Stem Cell Therapy Today
Relieve your sports injury pain and today with proper coping and our stem cell therapy. Located in Miami, Stem Cell Miami has the treatment you have been long awaiting. Our mission is to control orthopedic related pain and suffering by using the latest and most innovative regenerative medicine therapy procedures available today. If are aiming toward ridding your symptoms from an autoimmune disease, contact us today and see how we can make that pain go away. Make an appointment and begin the healing immediately.