If you are new to the world of stem cell therapy, there may be many grey areas that you would like to know more about. One of these areas may be how do you prepare for these procedures. At Miami Stem Cell, we are experts who are here to make sure you have all the information you need to get you ready for your stem cell transplant. When it comes to stem cell therapy procedure expertise, we are the ones to trust. We are conveniently located in Miami, FL.
Time To Get Ready
When it comes to your stem cell therapy procedure, it is important you did some research. You know all about the condition you need to treat, and your doctor knows the appropriate treatment—in this case, stem cell therapy. There are many kinds of stem cell therapies, just as there are many kinds of stem cells. Regardless of what kind of stem cell treatment you are going to receive, there are a few preparation basics that apply to most procedures.
Tips To Prepare You For A Stem Cell Transplant
- Take Your Supplements.
- For some procedures, you may be given a supplement in the form of a pill or a sublingual fluid. Confirm the dosage of this supplement with your doctor, and make sure you are aware of any contraindications with any prescription drugs you take. Be sure to take the exact amount that you have been advised to take.
- Eat Clean, Drink Clean.
- One of the most important parts of preparing for your stem cell treatment is to have clean, healthy blood. This means you should avoid eating or drinking sugary foods or drinks, consuming alcohol, smoking or taking any kind of tobacco and consuming caffeine in any form. Unless you are told otherwise, it is best to eat a light, protein-rich meal before your treatment so you are adequately nourished.
- Arrive Rested.
- A good night’s sleep is important prior to your first stem cell treatment. Although most stem cell treatments are non-invasive or minimally invasive, it’s always a good idea to rest up. You should also avoid exercise before your appointment, and avoid strenuous activity for at least three days after your treatment.
- Bring a Friend.
- Even though stem cell therapy is not a surgical procedure, it is highly recommended that you have a friend or relative provide transportation to and from your appointment. This is a good idea not only for physical safety but also for the emotional support of having a loved one nearby.
- Confirm and Prepare.
- Finally, double check all of the preparation info your doctor gave you. If she or he has advised you to do something you are unsure about, it’s crucial that you confirm the steps you need to take before and after your treatment. Depending upon the stem cell procedure, some people feel tired after the initial extraction, injection, or infusion. That’s why it’s very important to give yourself as many days as possible to adjust to your new, healthy self. If you are a younger patient and in good health, you will likely have a quicker adjustment time, but you should still plan to stay home and rest for at least 24 hours.
Call Us For Your Stem Cell Therapy Procedure
We want to make sure you are ready for a stem cell transplant. Located in South Florida, Miami Stem Cell has the treatment you have been long awaiting. Our mission is to control orthopedic related pain and suffering by using the latest and most innovative regenerative medicine therapy procedures available today. Make an appointment, and begin the healing immediately. Our experts, have all the information you must know regarding types of stem cells. We are the leaders in regenerative medicine. Call or contact us today for more information.